JFS of Greenwich is a refugee resettlement agency, operating under the auspices of HIAS. Help is given to apply for medical and social services, public assistance, housing, employment resources, school registration, and ESL; immigration legal services are available. We strive to put recent arrivals on a path to self-sufficiency and success.
Jewish Family Services of Greenwich responds to existing and emerging needs of individuals and families of all backgrounds, by providing accessible, expert social services to promote self-sufficiency and resilience, and to enhance quality of life in our surrounding community.
Jewish Family Services of Greenwich is guided by the principles of tikkun olam, repairing and improving the world, and hachnasat orchim, welcoming the stranger with kindness.
- Responsive, addressing urgent needs promptly in order to alleviate suffering
- Compassionate, responding with sensitivity to the distress of others
- Honorable, acting with integrity, fairness, and decency
- Professional, offering comprehensive social services provided by highly qualified staff.
- Inclusive, serving all people, regardless of race, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, or ability to pay
To utilize our expertise, resources, and partnerships to improve quality of life and enhance well-being in our surrounding community, by providing access to comprehensive behavioral health support, resettlement and immigration legal services, and community engagement programs.
Check Out Our Latest Videos
Jewish Family Services is closed on Saturday and Sunday and federal holidays. Voicemails and emails are typically returned between the hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. If you believe you are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency, we recommend you call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. You can also call 988 – the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline and speak to someone 24/7.