JFS offers free grocery shopping for Greenwich residents, aged 60 and up. Since 1986, we have been providing this unique, non-denominational grocery shopping service with care and compassion for home-bound seniors. If you or a family member are in need of this service, please contact us and we will connect you with a well-trained and thoughtful volunteer who can assist you.
Can you spare just two hours a week to make a huge difference in the life of a home-bound Greenwich senior?
Our clients can’t get to the supermarket, and have no friends or relatives nearby to do their shopping. Your shopping assistance makes it possible for them to preserve their independence and stay in their own homes.
As a volunteer shopper, your responsibilities are both easy and fulfilling: stop by your client’s apartment to get their shopping list; go to the store to buy the needed groceries; return to help put the away; have cup of tea and conversation; feel good about helping someone in need.
- Because you wish that someone had done this for your out-of-town parents.
- Because you’re ready to give something back to the Greenwich community.
- Because we need your help meet our ever-increasing client list!
- Because we can match your schedule to ours, whether you can help a senior once a week or prefer to be an emergency back-up shopper.
- Because you’ll enjoy the good feelings created by the gratitude of our Supermarketing for Seniors clients!
Here’s what our shoppers say:
- “I love my client – we’ve become good friends. We talk on the phone and have lunch together.”
- “I’ve done well in life and decided it was time to give back; I also want my daughter to appreciate the joys of volunteering.”
- “Shopping for a homebound senior is a remarkable experience. Helping someone remain independent is totally rewarding.”
Change your life for good; become a volunteer for Supermarketing for Seniors today!
How do I sign up?
To register for our Supermarketing for Seniors program or to get more information, please call 203-622-1881 or simply complete the online form below:
A JFS social worker will contact you soon to assist you and answer any questions you might have.